As we near the close of 2019 and begin to embrace 2020, it’s time to get excited about new beginnings. Or maybe for some a continuance of something great! We thought of a few tips on how to reach those NEW goals, no matter how big or small.
1) Start small – If your goal is to lose 50 pounds, then focus on 1 pound at a time. Looking at the big picture can become overwhelming. Just remember it will all add up, and before you know it, you’ll be well on your way!
2) Be consistent – It’s EASY to get distracted (SQUIRREL!) or lose motivation. But if you stay disciplined in your consistency and remember #1, start small and keep on keeping on!
3) Celebrate your small achievements – You may not have reached your fitness goal or saved all your hard-earned $$$, but hey you’re closer than before, and that’s worth a pat on the back!
4) Remember why you started in the first place – What is your “why” for your goal? It will be a lot easier to keep up the motivation if you continue to focus on why you wanted to start in the first place.
5) Each day is a fresh start – Don’t worry if you fall off track for a day (okay maybe two) Think of each day as a mini new year and you can start right back on where you left off.
We hope these tips will help with your goal-reaching in the new year. Comment below you’re a favorite way to keep on track with your own goals, or maybe share what your biggest goal will be! We’d love to cheer you on.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!